Friday, May 17, 2013


$9.59
 

Pour - dark orange with some red and brown highlights thrown in. The inch or so of foam is starting to leave some streaks of lacing inside the glass. This looks slightly hazy and a little ominous...I like where this is headed.

Aroma - a big blast of tropical fruits, grapefruit and a pineapple hit me right between the eyes. As soon as I get near this glass it's like someone is shoving my face in a bag of hops.

Taste - chewy, resiny with plenty of hop bitterness hitting the tip of the tongue and balanced very nicely by lots of tropical fruit sweetness. It has some astringency from all those little green fellas. Not overly cloying and certainly not too hoppy. It leaves my tongue coated with alpha acids (well, probably not literally) and give me a nice warm feeling inside - like I want to go hug a big hop-shaped pillow.

Overall - Want a big IBU-laden and hops-infested IPA? Here ya go! Hop Slayer should provide what many-a-hophead craves - that being lots of hop bitterness with a malty backbone to keep everything in check. You don't want those little green bastards getting out of control and ruining things for your palate. It's nice to be able to say that I love the label on this can and definitely enjoyed what graced the inside of it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment